Friday, August 3, 2018

A spark or a fire?

(Jesus said)  A person takes a mustard seed, the smallest seed in the world, and plants it in the ground. After awhile it grows up and becomes the biggest of all plants. (Mark 4:11-32)
I wonder how often do we think of ourselves in the big picture of the kingdom? Do we wonder  about the impression we might make? Do we wonder about our gifts and abilities, after all they are God given.Do we see them as small with only a small impact?How sure are you that he can even  use the smallest of your gifts to proclaim the greatness of the Lord? What was it that Paul said to the Corinthians? He said that God chooses what the world considered weak, to shame the strong. Amando Nervo wrote a poem, a portion of which reads: I am only a spark, make me a fire. I am only a string make me a lyre. I am only an ant hill, make me a mountain. I am only a drop, make me a fountain.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
I am only a bud make me a flower