Friday, August 24, 2018

Climb into the lap of God

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
This line from psalm  46 is well worth visiting time and time again. How often do we get caught in the business of life and self and forget what it is like to be in a place with just God.
I recall the silent retreat I was on recently at beautiful Galong where again I was struck by the 'deafening silence' amidst a group of people  who had come for the same reason, in fact almost ran to Galong from a busy life for the same reason, to be still and know God. When I reflect back on the retreat I realise how 'filled' the days were yet  I did very little except seek God in the stillness and the beauty of the place and in the peace of meditation. Its a feeling like  I had climbed into God's lap, snuggled in and stayed secure and warm in deep peace. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything else except for the interludes of praise and worship. It reminded me of those winter days when you curl up in front of the fire, warm and snug with a good book. Retreats equip us for who we are  and what we are called to be in Christ. Without it we walk alone, running close on empty. Quiet, solitude, meditation, God and self.......what a mixture of ingredients...a recipe we all need to taste.
May today bring you some times of quiet and solitude.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord
The peace of Galong.