Friday, August 31, 2018

Rock of safety

My God and the rock of salvation. Psalm 89:26
Massive rocks line the beach beyond the sand as a barrier to potential danger. They are rocks that protect the community of houses beyond them from the force of storm erosion and rising swells. But when I look at these rocks I see more than that. I see solid rock that can't be moved.Solid rock that is protective. Rock that is unbreakable but even more than that I see God. The God David  relates to in his psalms when he says 'The Lord is my rock, my rock of safety.' and I want to burst into song with Rock of Ages Cleft for Me followed by ' On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all else is sinking sand.' And then I add my own words of  'Fastened to the rock of ages, I shall not be moved.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Rock of safety.