Monday, September 3, 2018

Full of presence

Blessed be his glorious name forever: and let the whole earth be filled with glory. Amen,Amen.  
Psalm  72:19 
I stepped outside before turning in for the night and from the wet ground following a rain shower there was a mist rising, embracing the night and filtering through the trees. It was like a veil of silk and the night was so peaceful and full of 'presence'    My thoughts went to this psalm I had been reading and these lines from it stayed with me:
Let the mountains be laden with peace (because of his righteousness)
May he come down like rain upon the new-mown fields: and as showers that water the earth.

God walks the earth: he goes before us in all things,
He is in all things, holding all things together
Including you and me.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.

A veil of silk like mist rising