Monday, February 5, 2018

glimpses of mystery

May all who seek you rejoice and be glad. Ps 40:16
There are many things in life that give us joy. Often we don't see them because we are either too busy or worrying about the matters of life. But what delight when we do see them. Yesterday a sulfa
crested cockatoo sat on my fence, staring at me through the window and when he flew off he left a long pure white feather on the garden, almost like a calling card, a gift. And I marvel at the long summer grasses that come to the very edge of the walking track. There is nothing much of beauty about them but tucked away amidst is a tiny pink wildflower , doing its bit to bring joy to anyone who sees it. And I heard before I saw, the bright green acorns with their little caps, falling to the ground from the great oak tree. I watched in wonder as they fell, one by one and wondered, if I wasn't there to hear them would they still make a sound when they landed on the ground?
Sr Stan says: Joy comes in little whispers in sudden unexpected glimpses of mystery.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord

acorns in their little caps on.