Monday, May 8, 2017

strong upholding hands

Hold thou me up and I shall be safe Psalm 119:117
I woke up this morning amidst  God's love in what the local radio would call a 10-10 sunrise brought into beauty even more by the clear crisp frosty air. It was glorious in colour and peace but I think the thing that actually called me into the day was the tiny prayer bell that hangs outside my window. Its soft metallic tinkling in the gentle breeze draws me to thoughts of God. I recall reading a very old pocket book called 'morning bells' and in it I read: 'the path is not easy, there are rough stones and we can stumble. How do we walk safely over such a rough path?' My response to that reflection was: Its not my grip of Christs hand but Christ's grip on me. That's what stops us stumbling and keeps us on the path. I hear the tinkle of the metallic bell and immediately I say, 'may today be in your strength Lord even though at times the path may be rough. Hold me up.
(unknown)  Yes, I will uphold you with my own right hand. You are called and chosen in my sight to stand.
Grace and peace and strength from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.