Friday, May 19, 2017

Hills, lights and chickens.


' Hide me in the shadow of your wings.' Psalm 17:8b
Its interesting how some things in life have an impact that  remains with you forever. I am so glad I grew up in an age where it was the norm for children to go to Sunday School and it was expected that you would learn to quote scripture verses that became embedded in your memory and journeyed with you through life. So many times over the years those embedded scripture verses have been  my salvation, my peace,my encouragement, my strength. Verses like ' I lift up my eyes unto the hills from where comes my strength.' (Ps 121)  'Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Ps 119:105)'  and another favorite 'hide me in the shadow of your wings.' Every verse came to me with a picture attached to it in my mind and this one in particular always reminded me of God's love and his protection like a mother hen who shelters her chicks under her wings.  As a child when  I fed my hens and chickens in the home yard I would see this lovely image of little chickens running to hide under their mothers wings and somehow I felt  safe, I felt warm and fuzzy inside. And  throughout  life when I see a hen or chicken this verse comes into my mind.  What are the verses that have embedded themselves into your mind and life?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord