Friday, May 5, 2017

hidden things revealed

Look at what is before your eyes. 2 Corinthians 10:7
Outside a window that looks onto my garden are two tall trees that are shedding their leaves for winter.  There is not much room in that space but they conceal the wall behind them. Now, as they shed their leaves I can see the pattern of the brick work in the wall and hanging there in the sight of my eye is a wall decoration of a family of blue wrens and something inside me says, Ah, yes!. I quote Mary Oliver who also sees beyond the obvious. She says: 'The woods are acres of sticks - when the leaves fall the striptease is over, things stand mute and revealed. Everywhere skies extend, vistas deepen, walls become windows, doors open.'  It reminds me of our  relationship with God. It is so wonderful to be able to see  beyond the word, that word 'God'  and see what he has to reveal to us. As I look beyond the falling leaves to the family of blue wrens I see beyond what is in front of me.
Take the journey, look beyond the obvious and be blessed.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.