Monday, May 15, 2017

God calling

Fill my whole life, O Lord my God. TIS 596
As a child I grew more and more fascinated in people who worked and devoted their life for God. I loved to see pictures in mission magazines of missionaries working for God and when they visited our parish I was in awe of them. As I grew up this fascination  grew with me and people like Mother Teresa became my hero who I admired, respected and saw as one who gave her life totally in service to Christ. (Of course my father was a priest and was well up in my books also) What an inspiration these people were and so many more keep coming into my life. I read in a little book called 'God Calling' a simple phrase that said. 'God's calling......FOR ME.' We can always draw inspiration from people around us  who live extraordinary lives of love and service, who spark the best in us. When we hear of Christians exemplifying God's best in their love for others,their service and their character.......learn their song.......and sing it, calling out to God,Lord, let me leave a legacy of love.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.