Monday, August 8, 2016

Lord, keep me awake

May the Lord bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
There is something magical about the daylight pushing the night out of the way with a blaze of colour and there is something magical about the birds waking up one by one and adding chorus to the colour and its all backed by the rhythmic  squeaks, pips,  and croaks of the frogs on the pond. And while I walked I thought of the words of my 4 year old grandson yesterday when I said we would pray and thank God for the food he has given us  and he looked at me with big open eyes and laughing,without hesitation said, No 'Nan, God didn't give us the food, Mummy and I got it from the shop!' Isn't it just wonderful that every day is a message and a blessing from God.
A Lawson says: Always keep an ear bent towards heaven.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.