Friday, August 5, 2016

Lets go fishing

As he (Jesus)  walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew, his brother casting nets into the sea, for they were fishermen. And he said to them. 'Follow me and I will make you fish for people.' Matthew 4:18-19
I was enjoying walking in the quiet with just the call of an occasional bird, looking at  the bear trees that were exhibiting a beauty in their nakedness and in thought with God about the matters of the day ahead. Its amazing when we reflect on our lives and see where we have come from to reach the place we are at now especially in light of Jesus words, 'Come follow me.' I thought of the quote (anon)
What I am is God's gift to me. What I become is my gift back to God.
In a quiet spot during the day give your life's journey a thought and thank God for your response when he said 'Come follow me.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord
Fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee.