Friday, June 3, 2016

Put God in all things

Let your loveliness shine on us and bless the work we do. Psalm 90:17
As I enjoyed the encounter with God in my morning walk I was thinking how  people we come in contact with might see the presence of God through us and so see new possibilities in their days. I have a cleaning agency who provides me with a cleaner each week and I was somewhat frustrated that it was a different person each week and I didn't have the chance to get to know one person well but then I thought, perhaps this is a God's 'thing' because I reflect on the different people who have come to my home. They are mostly from  Africa or India and are trying to make a new life with us in our country. Inevitably and in their shyness they start a conversation with me about my home particularly my office and  ask me if I am Christian. 'Indeed I am,' comes my reply and its so lovely to see some of their shyness fade as they recognize a fellow traveler and declare 'so am I'. I may not see them again but we have both reached out and had a God encounter which had changed our day. I thought of the words of Emily Dickinson who sad.' We dwell in possibility.'   Sometimes we need to put God first in all things and as his loveliness shines on us he will bless the work we do.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
New day, new possibilities,.