Friday, October 23, 2015

The perfume of God.

The great love of God, O how lavishly given. TIS 164
I am looking at the blue wrens in the tree outside my office and I know they are God sent just for me because God knows how significant they are in my life..
I stop and look as my breath is taken away by the opening bud of  a deep apricot yellow rose, perfect in its formation, dressed in beads of raindrops, glistening like sequins and the perfume of God is embedded in the folds of its petals and I know that is God's love.I stoop to smell the perfume of the deep, deep blue bearded Iris and am transported back to my childhood, memories of a garden to play in, memories of a mothers love and a fathers care, memories to treasure.God dose lavishly give of his love in so many ways and indeed it is 'the pearl of great price and the treasure of heaven.'  wherever you find it, either in the grandeur of the blue or snow capped mountains or in a thousand grains of sand on the sea shore or among the needs of the world be O so blessed.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.