Monday, October 12, 2015

Day by day

May the mind of Christ my Saviour live in me from day to day. TIS 609
Sometimes a line or two from a hymn strikes you afresh. I was reflecting on my past week and recalled a hymn we sang in the service at an aged care facility and was struck again by how lovely and profound the words were and one line in particular had this effect:
May the love of Jesus fill me as the waters fill the sea.
When I think of the weeks gone by, the funerals, the meetings with the families, the ministry with those in need in the community, the Sunday preparation and application of it, the hospital visiting I think without God's strength, without being filled with the love of Jesus, we can not do all that God requires of us. Not only do we seek the love of Jesus to fill us, but hear this, we seek and request it in no short measure. We seek the love of Jesus as the water fills the sea. That's massive love. Look at an ocean, a great span of water, waves  gently breaking on the shore with ebb and flow
and imagine that as God's love filling you.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord