Friday, October 9, 2015

the candle flame


How precious is your steadfast love O God. Psalm 36:7
There is something about a candle flame that draws me into it almost like a sacred space. It has meaning, purpose and can be a draw card for reflection especially reflection on texts such as ' Jesus said: I am the light of the world.'  'Let your light shine before others.' Let there be light.' 'The Lord is my light and salvation.'  I  read this  thought about God's steadfast love by Gillian Peall. My love for you is as steadfast as a candle flame in a still room. It will never waver and will never end. When the sun is shining, you can not see the flame, but when all is dark, the flame brings light to the whole room. My flame will never be extinguished.
May you know the  light of Christ and  the steadfast love of God in your life, today and always.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord