Friday, October 3, 2014

Giving hope

Tend the flock of God that is in your charge. 1 Peter 5:2
I wonder do you have a personal  vision statement for your life. Do you have some thought set in your heart and mind that guides your daily actions and steers  your life?
On a piece of paper taped to the shelf above  my office desk I have these words which I call my vision statement, almost an agreement with God.They are small words that pack a big punch. They  set the daily round for me  and they capture my life. They simply say: 'Lord, please bless the ones who have no hope and show me how to help.'   As much as I see this as my vision statement I also 'hear' it deep in my heart as 'Here I am, Lord.'  A God given vision, heart felt and acted on is the voice of God that requires a response from us to the life he has called us to live. Meditate a moment on your vision, your way of life.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord