Friday, September 26, 2014

feel the gentle peace

In thy presence, is fullness of joy Psalm 16:11
Just pause a moment and go outside and look at the face of God who is constantly reminding us of his presence. I could 'feel' the gentle peace in the mist silently hovering in the folds of the spring green hills. I could 'hear' God's masterpiece in the warble of the magpies, welcoming the morning. I could 'see ' his creativity in the delicate, beautifully crafted blossoms of the Wattle (have you looked at one up close?) and yes, even the weeds of the field have flowers of yellow, white and blue and I see, so cheeky, a sulpha crested cockatoo pop his head up from among the long grass as if playing hide and seek with his mates and I momentarily see God's humour. These are moments of stillness and reflection and as I
pause I reflect on the words of Martin Luther who said: ' Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection not in books, but in every leaf (and I say presence) of springtime.'
The new day is full of new discoveries, new signs among us. Who could doubt the living God.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord