Monday, September 8, 2014

create in me

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Everything was so still and I could feel the warmth of spring already creeping into the day and as I walked there was just me and God.
I stopped in my tracks as I heard the call of a baby bird anxious for its breakfast and being watched by its mother, one eye on the baby and one eye on the food gathering.
I marveled at the increasing bud burst on the blossom tree where pink blooms were bursting free from dry, uninteresting buds on leafless branches.
And for the first time this spring the red rump, fire-tail finches are gathering the crumbs from the base of the bird feeder.
I looked at the small cup shaped indents in the  dust where the sparrows have been having a dust bath and thought of God's promise that he even cares for them.
I love the early morning when everything is still, when every hour belongs to me, and I do as I will (Chrissy Greenslade)
Make time for yourself. Enjoy the special moments.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.