Monday, October 6, 2014

A flash of heaven


'Like the sound of a distant bell comes God's call. Be still and know that I am God (psalm  46:10)

Every spring morning I seem to travel to heaven as I enjoy the delights of the scented garden and  the call of the busy birds. One smell of the newly opened sweet peas, one sight of the opening iris's and one glance at the rose buds in  anticipation of their coming glory and there I experience a flash of heaven. A word of praise. and an expression of joy to God that's caught on the breath of prayer falls from my lips. And as Annie Dillard says: ' If I am lucky I might be jogged awake by a bird call, This morning it was the wood duck.'
Life in the fast lane, in the mode of fast forward, can stop us from having an encounter with the wonders of God that are all around us if we only take the time to pause, to look, to wonder. To be still.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord