Monday, October 29, 2012

What can I say/

'How good it is to give thanks to you, O Lord.' Ps 92:1
Sometimes we forget to say 'thank you' to God. Sometimes our prayers are all about our needs and our wants and the 'thank you' can become lost from our thinking.
I stepped out my front door of a morning to be confronted with green rolling hills, a running creek, grazing cattle and the only sound is that of the waking birds, Peace, quiet and filled with the presence of God. That's how the morning is and my first words are, 'Thank you God.' I was talking to a couple from a refugee family and they are living a life of uncertainty, fear, anxiety and threat yet they too are able, amidst their turmoil, out of their great love for God  to say 'Thank you God.'
Lourdes Ruiz Arthur wrote:
'What can I say as I live each day, What can I say to you,my God? all I can think is 'thank you .'
And for you and I, what can we say each and every day? 'thank you God.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.