Monday, October 1, 2012

He speaks to me everywhere

'...how precious is your unfailing love , O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.' Psalm 36: 6

Quietness was all that could be heard in the early morning (Yes, you can hear quietness) as I watched the ducks glide across the misty pond  to  a perfect landing, their mirrored reflection  making it hard to tell which was the real image. The sun shone weakly in its early rising and the frost was still crisp and stiff under foot. A flock of 'top knot pigions' were stretching their wings and fluffing their feathers in their waking amidst the sticks of a bare wild fruit tree and then the silence broke gently as the blue wrens rose from their nest to the top branches of the blackberry bush checking out that all was well with their delightful song and I remembered the words of Maltbie Badcock(1885-1901)
'This is my Father's world, he shines in all that's fair;in the rustling grass I hear him pass, he speaks to me everywhere.'
What a glorious way to start a day. Keep your hearts and minds focused on God and he will speak to you everywhere.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.