Friday, September 7, 2012

moment by moment

'Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years we may live, let us enjoy them all.' Ecclesiastes. 11:7-8
What is time? I hear the children say the day has gone too quick, I hear older people say time passes to quickly, I hear colleagues say time goes fast and I find myself saying, 'where has the time gone?'
So easy for time to speed past us, so easy for the day to come and go 'in a flash' so easy to find ourselves saying, 'its nearly Christmas again, so soon!'
How does God mean us to handle the business and pace of life in this modern and fast world?
I often think that being aware of God in life,being aware of God in the moment and pausing enough in the business to say, look at that thing of beauty and meet God there. Somehow that slows down the sense of living 'fast pace.'Balance, I guess is the key. Balance between living life and living God.
Amelia Barr said: 'Time is a precious gift from God;so precious that he only gives it to us moment by moment.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne.
Servant of the Lord.