Friday, July 13, 2012

sacred in the ordinary

Great is our God and greatly to be praised in the city of our God Ps 48
There is a lady in the bank who is facinated with my work. She has never before had conversation with a clergy person so every time I go in she asks more about my life and work in a very genuine and interested way. I was telling her yesterday of my ministry amongst the house bound elderly and those society tends to forget. As I left the bank her parting words stayed with me.'Look after yourself in all aspects, we need you, the world needs the likes of you.' What encouragement, what affirmation, what a blessing, what a God.
Psalms now says: 'Consider with me the greatness of my God. Measure his judgements;embrace his eternal love, stand tall in your faith, courageous in your committment, for he is truly a great God.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Jerusalem from the city wall with the temple standing out amidst daily life.