Friday, February 10, 2012

prayer

'Withdraw to deserted places and pray.' (Luke 5:16)
I am out walking in the beautiful fresh morning after a previous days rain and I find myself talking inwardly to God. Its like a secret conversation rising up from the heart filling me with joy . I like the comment about prayer that says it is not a dialogue between a madman and his shadow but heart to heart communication between the child of God and and the Father, the Holy Being. ( H.Hodkin )
Mother Teresa says:' Love to pray - feel often during the day the need for prayer, and take trouble to pray. Prayer enlarges the heart until its capable of containing GOD'S gift of himself.' Wow! there is some strength in those words. Pray and pray often and you have the gift of God's presence with you always.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.