Monday, February 6, 2012

The pastoral caring dog

'When morning guilds the sky, my heart awkening cries, Jesus Christ is Lord.' (Christian song)
Sometimes life can bring on challenges that pull us down in body and mind but with our Lord, our Spirit should be strong. I took my Bella dog (a black Lab) to the struggling nursing home as a moral lifter for the staff and residents. I walked from room to room just chatting and Bella brought many a smile, many a conversation, many blessings. But I know the blessings were mine also for I saw joy, I saw love, I saw smiles and there was much reminiscing. An elderly lady visiting her bed bound husband took me aside and with tears in her eyes told me of her husbands great love of his dog and his joy at seeing a dog, another told me of his farm life and his three kelpies, another patted Bell's head with such vigour that I had to rescue her.
It is easy to share God's love when we know that each day when we wake up with Jesus on our hearts an minds and a Spirit that say he is Lord, no matter what. Then lives will be changed, lives will be blessed.
Grace and peace this day, from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.