Monday, February 13, 2012

on the trail

Jesus said.' When two or three are gathered together in my name, I am with them.' Matthew 18:20
I got into the car at the edge of the park and from there I saw dozens of pigeon's feeding on the ground from a scruffy, unkept, man in straggling clothes who was throwing them crumbs of a loaf of bread. Something compelled me out of the car again and I walked over to him for a chat. We talked and he told me his story and he said he often spent his last dollar on bread for the pigeons, 'but no one speaks to me ,' he said. 'Why have you stopped to talk to me? 'What an opportunity to share God's love.
Some can't look at the frail elderly, or the disabled child, the scarred and disfigured
or the old man unwashed who lies on the park bench. Somehow its all too much for them yet are these not the ones Jesus asks us to care for?
(Anon) Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of he Lord.