Monday, September 11, 2023

the voice of silence

A time to keep silent and a time to speak. Eccl 3:7

Sometimes I can listen deeply, so deeply that the silence is loud. So deeply that out of the silence comes the still small voice, or more profound  a beautifully, richly coloured bird lands within inches of my sight and God speaks. I was sitting in the sacred space, just sitting in the morning quiet with God and a beautiful  Crimson Rosella came with his partner. They looked at me and I at them and for that moment we were one in God. Mother Teresa said: 'God is the friend of silence. See how nature, trees, flowers and grass all grow in silence.'

Mane Nobiscum Domine - remain with us Lord.   Anne, servant of the Lord.


                                                        They looked at me and I at them.