Monday, July 11, 2022

Like a warm smile


 

I am the rose of Sharon, a rose of the valley. ( The Shir Hashirim  - Song of Songs 2:1)

What is it about the very last rose of winter that buds then blossoms in the midst of the cold?  The last one on the bush like a light shining in the darkness and its  bright yellow like a warm smile. As I meditated on its beauty I thought of an elderly lady who sometimes comes by my place with the walking group from the nursing home. She is a lovely Chinese lady always with a smile and always in just shorts and a tee shirt. I asked her one day if she was cold and with a beautiful smile she said, 'No, I have Jesus in here(Pointing to her heart) and he keeps me warm!  Like the last of the winter rose, isn't that just beautiful.

The peace of the Lord be with you. 

  Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                               Yellow like a warm smile.