Friday, June 18, 2021

Comfort for you and for me.

 Your rod and your staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Many of our days can be floored with little fractures of despair or worry. They can pull us down, distract us from enjoyment, take us away from our trust in God. We often cant avoid the issues in our days but we don't have to go them alone. God is with us always, even in the fractured bits. Now that's a great comfort.

That's a nice word, comfort.

 It gives me an image of being wrapped in a warm blanket and  held tight. Mecrina Wiederkehr says ; Between the cracks of daily life I find you waiting........you slip into my life like day and night, like stars and sunshine. I know that you are God.

Jehovah - shalom. The Lord is peace.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                    God's love in the cracks.