Monday, August 3, 2020

What does this say to you?

Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me. Spirit of the living God fall afresh on me. (New Harvest 173)
It is so amazing to know that you can  cut open a flower bulb and inside you will see the flower. What does that say to you? What image comes to mind? There it is, this beauty, tucked away hidden in the center of a plain brown bulb and planted in the right place it will emerge from the darkness into the light, unfolding  to flourish. I think we can relate this to us: ordinary people with the light of Christ hidden within us. Break us open by the Spirit of God and there will be revealed our beauty, our compassion, our love for one another  and an even greater love for God. And we will flourish. May many see the beauty within all who follow Christ. 
May the Lord of Peace himself give us peace at all times and in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Break me mould me so I flourish.