Friday, August 14, 2020

A feast in front of your eyes.

May your eyes be open day and night.  2 Chronicles . 6:20
Thich Nhat Hanh would say that day by day you become aware of the feast life offers - a feast that is right in front of you. I was so reminded of this when I sat  down at my desk and looking through the window my eye caught the movement of the Wattle bird feasting on the lush red blooms of the Grevillea bush  and I was reminded of a saying I hear a few days ago 'that my gaze was a blessing.' I was indeed blessed by the sight and the thought of this bird enjoying its feast of nectar. So often our gaze is just a sweeping  glance but when we pause and look, no gaze, what we see is far more.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord

My gaze was a blessing.