Friday, August 7, 2020

Looking for God

When morning gilds the sky my heart awaking cries, may Jesus Christ be praised. TIS 227
Morning comes pushing aside the last shades of the night and I like to spend that time, those last few minutes of darkness with no one except God.  Every day I look for God and every day I find him. He is in those moments of morning waking, he is in the silence, he is in the first song of the early birds . He is present in my rising and welcoming with treasured gifts of beauty, of colour, of  tiny precious sightings  along the walking path. The kiss of the new day finds me meeting God where I left him the previous evening. Are you still looking for God in whatever your situation is? He is there.
May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Morning has broken.