Monday, June 29, 2020

Love embedded in life

Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me. Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me. Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me. (New Harvest 173)
The crispness and depth of beauty of the morning frost carpeted the ground in white and hung from the dew drops on the wire fence like tiny crystal balls. There is a stillness. There is quiet and its as if the day has frozen just so I can enjoy it a bit longer and it  'smacked' of those beautiful words from Psalm 46:10 'Be still and know that I am God.'  We are living in a changing,troubled and anxious time where for some, fear is very real but the one thing that never changes is God and his love for us.Steven Foster wrote, The unchanging spirit, that indescribable force of love,  is like a flower rising up from the secrecy of a small seed. One spirit, one heart, but only those who make peace with change will see it.
May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.

Stillness and peace