Friday, May 22, 2020

surprise me Lord.

You are called to freedom, brothers and sisters.  Galatians 5:13
Regardless of how the world is, regardless of how our lives are and our every day situations, the sun will always rise. Some days it might be dimmed and other days it can be a magnificent - one almighty 'hello' from God expressed in red and orange and blue. Its like God is saying, 'fear not, here I am yet again, right here with you.' How can one not be taken by surprise and drawn into wonder but such a sight, such a message. I read this saying by Frederick Buechner. Lord, catch me off guard today. Surprise me with some moment of beauty or pain so at least for the moment I may be startled into seeing that you are here in all your splendour, always and everywhere, barely hidden,beneath, beyond, within this life I breathe.
May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord