Monday, May 11, 2020

Oh, tell me about it.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth.  Mat 6:19
The seed pods of last years flowers, held over in a paper bag are brown and shriveling and I thought to myself if I don't plant those seeds they will die. They will never grow, they will never blossom, its time to get them out and scatter them. Now there's a parable in daily life. Its like all the treasure of faith that we hold in ourselves. Keep it within and it will die. Scatter it about, share it and it will grow and blossom. Its like the beautiful cup and saucer in the china cabinet that was given to me when I was 10 as a thank you for helping with Sunday School Classes. There it has sat all those years, never taken out, never used, never shared. Indeed treasured but only in my heart and next time I have a visitor I will get it out, and it  can use  and a conversation will start something like: What a nice cup and saucer,  where did that come from?' Oh,' I would say,' that came from a gift from the church.' Oh, tell me about it.' and before long you are on a conversation journey about faith.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Don't keep treasures only in your heart.