Monday, May 18, 2020

Polish your light

What God said to Moses he said to you. 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. Exodus 33:14
When I have walked early in the pre dawn light  I always loved to look across the fields to the mountains still shrouded in night and here and there dotted  in the valleys and nooks  were lights. Lights from peoples homes, bright, shinning, evident in the dark and I would go on my way humming the song from Sunday School deeply embedded in my spirit - 'This little light of mine, I'm going to make it shine, make it shine, make it shine - in this world of darkness so we must shine, you in your small corner and I in mine.'  Somehow that song has raised its head a lot lately  and it comes with a challenge, the challenge of working out a shining light in this worlds darkness. So many people  sit in pockets of darkness, not pockets of light.  Now more than ever is the time to polish the light, get it shining, get it visible and get it known. Mother Teresa said: We are not just in this world to exist. We are not just passing through. Each of us was given the ability to do something wonderful.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.

Shine a light in the darkness
.