Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter Day

The Lord is risen indeed. Luke 24:34
A simply lovely Easter gift arrived at my door for Easter Sunday from my family. It gave me great joy and was an expression of what Easter is about for everyone. Made of butter biscuits was the symbol of the cross with the words iced onto it 'He is Risen.', a colourful iced flower and a yellow iced chicken. There was so much joy and celebration in the gift of a families love that I left it untouched on the table before I cold bring myself to demolish it all with a cup of tea and then it was gone!  The gift that Christ gave to us through his death  is not just the gift of his life and death on the cross but all that gift offers us of love, of devotion,of strength, of courage, of perseverance and of eternal life.
The greatest. The most wonderful. The most enduring. The most lasting gift of love is found in the gift of Jesus.
May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Its not the gift but whats in it