Friday, June 21, 2019

You are loved.

I am his and he is mine, here in the power of God I stand: (Hymn, How deep the Fathers love for us)
I   think these words make for a great mantra: 'I am his, and he is mine here in the power of God I stand'.Think of all the times you could grasp hold of that line as a lifeline, a means of strength or to express the power of God's saving grace. At a seminar I went to some time ago just at the foot hills of the Blue Mountains where peace and quiet, except for the 'ting' of the bell birds, was  so powerful and I heard a chaplain tell this story of a very frail elderly lady  with severe dementia and her conversation amid silences seemed to have no meaning. As the chaplain sat with her gently massaging her arthritic hands with fragrant oils the silences seemed at times  to be long and uncomfortable. This particular day the chaplain had brought with her a CD for background music. In the song was a repetitive one liner: 'You are seen, you are loved you are doing very well.' Then  the elderly lady looked up into the face of the chaplain and said as clear as the ring of the Bell Birds: 'You are seen you are loved, you are doing very well.'
Serve God with confidence in all you do for you are seen, you are loved, you are doing very well.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
The light of Christ shines in the darkness.