Friday, June 28, 2019

Fading night and coming day.

May the mind of Christ my saviour live in me from day to day. (TIS 609)
Typical winters morning with a 'pea soup' fog, silhouetted images of the bare trees and fading night darkness as the day light pushed the stars away giving over to a soft pink sunrise and blue skies. The air was fresh and perfumed with a faint smell of winter gardens. I was struck again by the thought that every day is a profound God experience from the moment it begins and what treasure we have at our fingertips to lead others to  experience the presence of God.
I read this quote by Abraham Lincoln:
(After I die) I want it said of me, that I plucked a weed, and planted a flower, wherever I thought a flower would grow.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
 Haunting beauty of a winters day. 
'