Friday, June 22, 2018

Keep within me a stillness

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever. Ps 52:8
I love forests. I use to love riding my horse through the pine forest as a child. I loved exploring Sherwood Forest in Nottingham and I love to just sit in the stillness and quiet of a forest, smack bang in the middle of nature and oneness with God and God's creation. We all know the saying, ' I cant see the forest for the trees'  Sometimes life throws up a barrier of stress or overwhelming life circumstances,hectic work scheduled or far too fast a pace of life making it so easy to lose that sense of oneness with God in the mix of his creation, making it hard to see God through the density of life issues. There is a lovely prayer  from the Hebridean Altars which says: Keep within me a stillness, deeper and sweeter than a forest's in mid winter.