Monday, June 25, 2018

Come to the waters

I thirst  for you,my whole being longs for you. Psalm 63:1a
I was reading about the Northern Reindeer and how once a year  whole herds  of them do a frantic dash 100's of miles from their grazing on the flat grassy planes to the Polar Sea that they have caught the sent of. As they gathered pace on their journey some of them were lost on the way and some gave up. There was no stopping for food , there was just one aim, a desperate aim, to have a once in a life time drink from the sharp,salty water ahead of them. And amazingly, once they had their fill of the sea water they were found to be grazing quietly, contently, on the sea shore.  I couldn't help thinking and connecting this story with our great need to go to the source of living water, Jesus Christ. There are many times that we get a 'sniff, a scent'  of his living water, weather its to seek solace and peace or a frantic race for a long drink. I love the words of this hymn:I heard the voice of Jesus say, 'Behold, I freely give, the living water, thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live. I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream:my thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in him.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord

The vital spring  that supplies Israel with its water.