Friday, December 1, 2017

Those pockets of fear

And the peace of God which transcends all our powers of thought, will be a garrison to guard your hearts and minds in Christ. Phil. 4:7 (Waymouth)
There is something 'deep' about the wording of some texts that is so meaningful...the peace of God which transcends all our powers of thought.....Have you been in that place where the storms in your life are raging yet by the power of God there is an inner peace, a calm below it all?  A lady was telling me about the shock she had after visiting the doctor who told her she needed open heart surgery. 'Initially,' she said 'my mind was full of all sorts of thoughts and I felt like I was in utter turmoil. I had no where to take my thoughts and fears but to God and then, wave after wave of his deep peace filled all those pockets of fear in me.I felt a peace I had never felt before.' Sometimes the storms of our lives rage like a storm across the ocean but you know, under the  surging waves of a stormy ocean, there is calm at its depths.  I read these words on a street notice board: Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don't. (B.Hybels)
May you ride each wave of  life's storms in the deep, deep peace of Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
below the turmoil lies  a deep calm.