Monday, December 4, 2017

Jogged awake.

Where were you while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy. Job 38:4-5
I like this saying by Annie Dillard. She says: 'If I am lucky I might be jogged awake by a bird call. This morning it was the wood duck.'  I  often wake up to the sounds of the early morning before I look the day in the face and today, in the distance was the melodious call of the blackbird, a solo artist singing its song to God from the top of the power line, the highest point it could find to sing its melody to everything with in ear shot.  How are we going to approach our day? with a song in our step that  sings to everyone within ear shot? A song that says I have joy, the joy of the Lord?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
perhaps this one jogged you awake?