Monday, October 23, 2017

resurrections and epiphanies

For the joy of the Lord is your strength.. Neh 8:10
I just love the resurrection of the garden in spring. The transformation of a drab space into moments of wonder as week by week the plants come to life in colour, bloom and perfume. I stood in wonder yesterday at the  Dutch Iris in the garden. They were a yellow like I hadn't seen before, so bright and I couldn't help but think what a happy colour yellow is.It makes you smile.I love to wander about the garden being amazed by each new burst of blessing. Its like coming out of darkness into light. Like being asleep and waking up. Its like individual moments of resurrections and epiphanies that bring joy to our hearts, and a closeness to God. (Stanislow says) Joy comes in little whispers, in unexpected glimpses of mystery.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Joy in abundance even for the bee.