Monday, October 30, 2017

its simple yet hard

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with with all your soul and with all your mind and  love your neighbour as yourself. Matthew 22:37-39
I had thoughts from Sundays sermon going through my mind and found myself reflecting on it often and deeply. A young priest was preaching on this passage of scripture and in among a wonderful sermon were these words.' Love your neighbour as yourself....its that simple and its that hard.' Among the many connections we have with people, this is what we are called to do by Jesus.  I can be constantly reminded of the command from Jesus,  on how it is to love my neighbour as self when I work among the 4 houses I declutter every week. When I visit  the  isolated and house bound, too fearful to leave their front gate. When I gather with the group of people with disability or when I am at the day respite we run at church.   Again came profound words from the sermon.  'Its messy, its hard, yet wonderful and beautiful.' When we can see that then we truly  know that we love the Lord our God and our neighbour as ourself.
Go in peace to Love and serve the Lord.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Covenant Care Day Respite.