Friday, October 27, 2017

How is your world?

Show me the faithful love of the Lord. 1 Samuel 20:14
It fascinates me how we  often see things differently. Some people see a rose bush as a bush of thorns with flowers and others see it as a bush of flowers, with thorns. Some people hear wind chimes as an irritating noise; others hear them as beautiful music.I can think of a frail aged person lying in a nursing home bed or a child with a disabled body, both struggling with daily life, and see them as the dwelling place of God, as it is with you or me.
I was given 3 most beautiful red roses yesterday, filled with a deep perfume that took over the space in my office. They were delicately crafted by the master, perfumed for pleasure and enjoyment and sharing with others. I have a small cast iron bell that hangs in the garden outside my window and it only takes a gentle breeze for it to give off the most delicate, perfectly tuned ring. As I watch the morning come or the day depart this little bell just adds to my reflective thoughts.  Some of my dearest 'flock' are the elderly, some of my greatest joy comes from the disabled.
How we see the world is how we respond to it.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
God calling  in the tiny bell