Monday, March 27, 2017

unused gifts

There came to him a woman having an alabaster  box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head. Matthew 26:7
Most of us that have something that's very precious don't use it. How many items do you have that you perceive to be precious and you never use them? I can think of several in my home, items such as the fine bone china cup saucer and plate that was given to me as a gift when I was only 10 and all these years later I have never used it but admired its place in the china cabinet along with other 'precious'  items.I wonder if it is truly honouring the giver to not use such gifts?  Many a 'gift' we have comes from God. Gifts he gave us freely to use, not store  away. Bring them out, use them for his glory and enjoy the benefit of using and sharing  something precious that will also bring joy and delight  to others.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord