Monday, January 25, 2016

Walk with him and talk with him

'I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses. And I walk with him and I talk with him and he tells me I am his own' (Gospel song)
I always want to linger and stay awhile when I take that morning walk. Peace, quiet and God fills every silent space that gradually is blessed by the morning chorus of the birds and frogs from down at the pond  and  I am enriched by the row of magpies in black and white suits lining the fence and warbling in such harmony as if they were in a grand opera..  Its these treasures, these prayers that enrich my day. Mary Oliver says. 'When I am among the trees they give of such hints of gladness, I would almost say that they save me, and daily.' Likewise the treasures of the morning walk are my saving grace. A time spent with God is life giving, life saving,sustaining and  strength for the day.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.