Monday, January 18, 2016

Share God's love

'O the love of Jesus, it washes white as snow.' (Spiritual song)
Sometimes God just knocks harder on the door of our heart to get our attention and other times he just flows through our heart and thoughts like a cool refreshing river on a hot day. His river was flowing this morning as I walked in the fresh early morning and I thought of his love. His love for you and for me . His never ending, never changing love. I reflected on the person in yesterday who said she was not loved by God. 'How can he love me' she said. 'Look at me living in the gutters of homelessness, begging for a dollar here and there just to get something to eat. At McDonald's they call me 'the lost cause.'  As we chattered I said to her.' God loves everyone of us, including you. He dose not look at who we are as much as  who we can be with him, with his love. There is one song that sits on my heart and I know it was written there long ago and its never been forgotten, The words are this': Something beautiful, something good, all my confusion he understood. All I had to offer him was brokenness and strife but he made something beautiful of my life. She asked me to write the words on the back of the McDonald's receipt so she could take them with her. She may have a long hard road to another way of life but hopefully she will find the Jesus who loves her as a travelling companion..
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.