Monday, January 4, 2016

Love, love love.


God has poured out his love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit. Romans 5:5
The Christmas season has come and gone and now we launch into a New Year with so many opportunities for new beginnings. I wonder what your 'theme' for 2016 will be. What will you aim to achieve or focus on?  I remember the song,  ' All we need is love, love, love.' Imagine if every single person wore those words on their chest, in their heart, day by day all through 2016, just for starters.  A story goes like this: A small child struggled as he carried a large  gift wrapped box over to his Grandfathers chair on Christmas day.  As he carefully unwrapped it and looked inside he said to the boy, 'But its empty, did you forget to put my gift inside?'  The boy raised himself to full height and on tip toes peered into the box. 'Oh no,' he said to his Grandfather.' 'I didn't give you an empty present. I filled it with my  love.'  May Christ's love be visible within us in all we do and say in his name. May that love be a true gift to others and as blessing to you.
.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.